Important Facts To Prevent A Mold Infestation From Taking Over Your Home In Exeter
Facts That Can Help You Prevent Mold Damage From Harming Your Exeter Home
Some microbes can easily cause costly harm inside your house in Exeter. SERVPRO wants to help you prevent this from happening by giving you some information about mold and mildew that helps to keep these microorganisms under control.
Once your property in Exeter suffers from mold damage, you might be surprised at how effortlessly it can spread from one region to another location. Here are some facts about microbes that can shed some light on these prolific but tiny living things that we share our homes with, no matter where we live.
First, complete eradication of mold and mildew is not possible. No matter how much we try, nor which equipment types we use, mold and mildew, and their spores continue as a presence in almost every inch of the planet. As tiny as they are, the weakest air currents and deposited elsewhere. They travel on clothing, pets, food, books, bags, and anything else that goes from one place to another.
Second, it is not their absence that protects your home from mold damage, but the elimination of excess humidity. Elevated amounts of water vapor in the air give microbes the necessary changes in their environment to gain access to cellulose. Without moisture, microbes cease to grow. SERVPRO uses special tools to measure the amount of moisture your home's structure contains and also how much water vapor the air holds. Part of our work involves reducing these so mold cannot return after we finish remediating your home.
Third, after an incident involving a water loss, you only have 24 to 48 hours before mold and mildew begin forming in visible patches. Containing the water and drying the affected area prevents this growth from occurring. This is why we use not only air movers to dry out saturated interiors, but also air scrubbers. Trapping microbes coming into the area can significantly reduce the amount of mold and mildew we see later.
Household bleach contains substantial amounts of water, and microbes get a drink from its contents. When used on porous materials like drywall, only the water molecules are small enough to pass through the pores of the drywall coverings. The bleach's molecules are too large to do this and remain on the surface. Bleach cannot penetrate to kill microbes hidden in a wall. Now provided with fresh water, microbes unexpectedly but quickly proliferate.
SERVPRO of The Seacoast wants to help homeowners protect their property from invasive microbes that cause mold damage. When you find mold damage more massive than the size of a twin mattress, you need experts like those at SERVPRO. Call us at (603) 433-4300 any time, day or night, year-round.
Click here for more about Exeter.