How Portsmouth Residents Restore their Homes after Fire Damage
SERVPRO Has a Proven Formula for Efficient Portsmouth Fire Cleanup and Restoration
A fire in your home can be a traumatic experience. Everyday household items like draperies, mattresses, or fabrics can quickly ignite and leave behind debris and malodors. Sorting through belongings can be an upsetting experience. However, with a professional fire damage restoration service, it is often possible to save many possessions and return the structure of your home to a preloss condition.
Efficient fire damage restoration in Portsmouth depends upon the organizational experience of technicians. No two household fires are the same. However, it is possible to follow the same detailed procedure for taking home from a burnt-out ruin back to an inhabitable space. After less extreme fire damaging events, we can immediately inspect and begin mitigation steps to preserve, restore, and not replace burned furnishings, fixtures, and assemblies. Our tried and tested response ensures that technicians can deal with the numerous challenges presented by a property disaster like this. Our work begins when you pick up the phone to speak with one of our trained phone handlers. You can provide a notification of loss, and we can schedule a call out to your property. Our team can guarantee that we reach your home within four hours of receiving your call in emergencies.
The Planning Stages of a Restoration Project
- On arrival, our IICRC-certified technicians can review any information with you on-site and provide the necessary information on insurance, loss management, and any forms you need to fill out.
- A consultation and pre-testing phase allows us to get a more accurate picture of the damages and our techniques to reverse them.
- We can then present your insurance adjuster with a restoration plan and timeframe. Provided you are satisfied, we can begin as soon as you sign an authorization to begin services form.
The early phases of restoration are critical. It ensures that you are kept in the loop regarding work requirements, but it also allows us to organize the service most efficiently. Using the pre-test results, we can then coordinate the delivery of dumpsters for fire debris, removal vans for items that need to be packed out, storage locations for belongings, and equipment. Standard equipment in fire damage restoration relates to air quality. In moderate to severe fires, it may be necessary to bring air filtration devices (AFDs) to ensure that any particulate matter is safely filtered out from the property. Odor control devices such as foggers and misters may be crucial to remove your home's burnt smell. In some situations, advanced equipment like hydroxyl generators can be a valuable tool in returning your home to preloss conditions.
Performing Effective Restoration in your Home
- Production scheduling involves providing you and your insurance adjuster with accurate time frames for each restoration process. These may include drying the property, storing possessions, and cleaning rooms of soot or smoke residues.
- Job management and monitoring are essential tasks that measure our predicted time frames against actual progress. Monitoring progress helps us to ensure we meet our predicted timeframes.
- All restoration services end with a detailed walkthrough of the property with the homeowner. We can refer to our job file, production scheduling, and job management records with you and answer any questions you may have.
A house fire is a challenging situation for any homeowner. We are here to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible. Contact SERVPRO of The Seacoast, SERVPRO of Dover-Rochester, and SERVPRO of Durham for fire damage restoration at (603) 433-4300.